How much weight do you lose going from a DD to a C cup on average?

A pound or two

+1

Sounds like the average breast reduction. Most insurance companies require around 500 grams be removed per side, which is about 1 pound per side. But this can very by insurance company, the patient's size and desires, and how much the surgeon feels is appropriate to remove. Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Good luck!

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

+1

Impossible question to answer with any degree of accuracy. Cup sizes are much too subjective of a “parameter” to use for communication purposes.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso.

With the goal of improving communication with my patients I find the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “B or C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.