How Much Weight Should I Lose for Tummy Tuck if I Am Planning on Liposuction As Well? (photo)

I am 22 and pregnant for now, before pregnancy i weighed 158 and am 5 ft 3 i am planning on tummy tuck lipo and breast lift with aug. I plan to lose weight and in fact had before we began trying for another baby i was down to 149 and we decided to have one more before i get my mommy makeover so i fell off the wagon. i was thinking about getting down to 140 and then scheduling a consultation, with all the procedures i want ??? also im 20 wks preg in pics stomach is bigger than norm

Weight Before Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

There will be no “magic number” to achieve;  the closer you are to your long-term stable weight, the better the outcome of the procedure performed.

Mommy Makeover Weight Loss

+1

A consultation with your plastic surgeon will include goal weight to be achieved prior to body contouring with liposuction and/or tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  The closer one is to their goal weight will enhance the final outcome.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover After Pregnancy

+1

After your pregnancy you should try to get to a comfortable weight that you feel you can maintain. Your plan sounds reasonable. Trying to lose weight after pregnancy can be discouraging, I recommend you try to eat as healthy as you can while you are pregnant so that you don't pack on a lot of unwanted pounds, better for you and better for your baby. Good Luck!!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

How Much Weight Should I Lose for Tummy Tuck if I Am Planning on Liposuction As Well?

+1

Great planning and good luck. Seek 3 months post pregnancy in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. 

Losing Weight Before A #TummyTuck

+1

Wait until you are done with pregnancy and breast feeding to make any decision. And, the amount of weight to lose is the amount you will keep off. There is no reason to worry about this until you are 3-6 months post pregnancy and stable at your new weight.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Mommy makeover at an Ideal Weight

+1

I think you are very smart to set goals and plan ahead. You should make every effort to reach your "idea weight" before you  go through the surgery. That will help you acheive the best result.

Good luck,

Dr. I

Ronald Iverson, MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Weight and Mommy Makeover

+1

140 sounds fine but you will get many opinions.   Ideally you will want to be close to the weight you plan for the rest of your life.  If you are going to all the process of a mommy makeover, it only makes sense to do your part and present with the weight for the rest of your life.  That may be 140 but it also may be 120.  At 120 a more accurate surgery could be done with a much better end point result.  My best,  Dr C.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon