How Much Weight to I Have to Loose Before Considering Tummy Tuck?

I am 5.2 and 190 lbs. I have most of my weight in my abdomen area. I look like 7 mon pregnant! I'm so tired of people congradulating me for my baby!!! I have 4 kids and I'm ready to look better. Should I loose more weight before considering the procedure?

How Much Weight to Lose Prior to Tummy Tuck

+1

At 5'2", 190lbs, you may want to lose at least 30 lbs.  The more the better.  The best tummy tucks are obtained when patients reach ideal weight.

Weight loss

+1

the short answer is yes you should try to lose as much weight prior to having the procedure. It will be easier to do, less chance of complications and a better result

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1
At your height and weight, you would be considered overweight. I would recommend that you try a weight loss program to achieve a more ideal weight. You can certainly see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation now to learn more about the procedure but, if you lose a significant amount of weight afterwards, you will likely need a revision. Being overweight puts you at higher risk of complications from the procedure as well as general health care concerns so there are many reasons to try to lose weight. Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

The closer you get to your ideal weight, the fewer risks the surgery has and the better your result.

Many surgeons use a BMI (body mass index) of 30 as a cut-off. At your height that would be 164 pounds. But if you get there, don't stop!

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.