How Much Weight Should I Loose Before my Brazilian Butt Lift? (photo)

Hi there I am at 21 year old female who weighs about 190 5'6 :'(( and am very interested in a BBL with fat injected into my hip area, but all the doctors I have gotten consults from seem to beat around the bush as to how much weight I would need to loose before the procedure. Will i be left with loose skin, Or will I need a tummy tuck? HELPP!

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Brazilian Butt Lift- Ideal weight?

+3

Hello vanillafashh--Here are some thoughts for you:

Ideal Weight for a Brazilian Butt Lift

Many of my Brazilian Butt Lift patients have body frames similar to yours. As other doctors have commented, you should be at a stable and comfortable weight. However, your current weight does not pose a problem for performing the procedure. The liposuction to your body should have dramatic results.

Combining Tummy Tuck with Brazilian Butt Lift

Without physical examination, one can not determine if you need a tummy tuck. However, you can do a self examination to get an idea about the condition of your rectus diastasis muscle. If they are separated, only a tummy tuck can help them. No amount of exercise with repair that muscle group. What I can say is that combining a tummy tuck with a Brazilian Butt Lift gives awesome results. I frequently combine the procedure and you get the best of both worlds---flat stomach and prominent , perky buttocks!

Ricardo L Rodriguez MD

Baltimore, Maryland

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/brazilian-butt-lift/

Losing Weight with a Butt Lift

+2

You should stay at your ideal weight that you can maintain in preparation for surgery. You need the fat for the procedure, and this will help to reshape the buttocks. The fat transferred will behave like normal fat so if you gain or lose weight the fat will change accordingly. The effect of the lipo on your skin is something you need to discuss with your surgeon after an in-person evaluation. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Buttock Augmentation

+2

Looking at your pictures, you seem like a great candidate for this procedure! It is better to have a good amount of fat to transfer as we know that some of the fat will not survive once it has been injected in to the buttocks. I don't think you can really put a number on the amount of weight to lose before surgery. I tell my patients to just be at a comfortable weight before having any cosmetic procedure done.

As far as the tummy tuck, we do not know how your skin is going to react to the liposuction. You are young and your skin is still in great condition so your skin may shrink to where you may not even need a tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Forget about the weight... Proportion's the key!

+1

I could say is not just about the current weight you have, but about the fat distribution overall that would help give you a more appealing body. As far as I can tell by the pictures, you could have the procedure done right away and could get really good results.

About the Tummy Tuck part... in order to make a final conclusion you have to be evaluated on site, to feel the rectus abdominis diastasis. Is this is the case, as some other doctors have commented, only the abdominoplasty can fix that.

Either way, I've had cases of patients of similar proportions of yours, that have had both procedures combined, and have had amazing results. Nonetheless, every case should be evaluated on a case by case basis. Visit a board certified plastic surgeon to get a better idea of what can suit your needs

Brazilian Butt lift

+1

The wish picture is just a wish.

You are now a candidate for a brazilian butt lift. The abdomen may need a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck depend on the examination of the skin and muscles.