Weight Gain After Smart Lipo

I had Smart Lipo 6 weeks ago, and since then I have gained weight. Does this compromise my results?

Unfortunately it does

+2

Liposuction is a very important decision and not one too be taken lightly. It will only get you part of the way to where you want to be, but it needs you to take the rest of the job seriously.

This means that if you are doing nothing but expecting the liposuction to help and not dieting and exercise (and really doing this with full intent), it may not be right for you. When I perform SmartLipo I always tell my folks that if you aren't at close to goal weight or stable on your weight, SmartLipo isn't for you.

Unfortunately, not all surgeons are willing to tell patients the truth when it comes to this as that may mean less revenue, but this is the truth. You need to think very carefully before committing to SmartLipo and if you aren't ready to diet and exercise after, then don't do it. Since you have already done the SmartLipo, now is the time to redouble your efforts with a New Year's resolution. Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Weight gain after Liposuction?

+1

There is a lot of mythology surrounding gain weight issues after liposuction surgery. Bottom line:  the best liposuction patient candidates are patients with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue who are close to their long-term stable weight  and have adequate overlying skin elasticity ( to redrape nicely after the liposuction procedure).  These patients will maintain their weight postoperatively as well.