Is Weight Gain Better for Results for the Bbl with Hips?

Weight gain for Brazilian Butt

+1

I do not recommend gaining weight in preparation for a Brazilian Butt Lift.  If you end up gaining weight on the inside, this cannot be treated with surgery, and your waist will look larger, and your hips will look even smaller.  Maintain a stable and healthy weight.

Weight gain before a Brazilian butt lift

+1

Gaining weight before the surgery is not recommended. Be sure that you are as close to your average body weight as possible before surgery as losing weight after a Brazilian butt lift may cause lumps or other deformities.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

I recommend against weight gain prior to a BBL

+1

I strongly recommend against weight gain prior to a BBL procedure. Many of us who do 4-5 BBLs per week will tell you that it is best to be at you baseline weight. If you gain fat, you are gaining poor quality fat the will simply go away soon after the surgery. I think those doctors that tell patients to gain weight before a BBL just don't understand the science behind fat transfer and likely have a lot of patients that are disappointed after they lose 50% of the fat.

Matthew Schulman, MD

BBL

+1

If you are within the normal or slightly above the normal weight parameters for your height then I do not reccommend weight gain for this procedure.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Weight Gain Prior to Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Weight gain prior to Brazilian Butt Lift definitely can be helpful if you do not have a lot of fat to start with.  Whether or not it is right for you depends upon how much fat you have to start with and how if you want your butt to be post-op.  Schedule your consultation early and discuss this with your surgeon based on your goals.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Weight Gain Not Recommended before BBL

+1

Weight gain is never recommended for Brazilian Butt Lift or any other fat transfer or liposuction procedures. The reason is that your result will be less predictable as when you loose weight in the future the transferred fat will shrink as well.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Weight Gain Prior to Brazilian Buttlift

+1

I never recommend weight gain prior to the Brazilian buttlift, because most patients return to pre- weight gain weight and then the fat is reduced.  Sometimes even a woman who is 120 lbs has five liters that can be liposuctioned.  I usually inject 1200 to 1500 ml into each buttock.

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

FAT TRANSFER

Fat is liposuctioned from other areas of the body, processed, fluid and oil is removed, and then the pure fat injected into the buttocks. The process of processing the fat and the method of transferring that fat graft into the buttocks is very important.

Fat is injected in small aliquots and in stacked layers as in a three dimensional manner to assure maximal amount of fat be retained.

This assumes that you have enough fat in other areas to liposuction and harvest the fat. We can use what you have of fat. In the event you desire more enhancements, than whatever amount of fat you have, then one needs to use a buttock implant.

Fat injection is a surgical procedure where fat is harvested by syringe liposuction to minimize the injury to the fat cell. The gentle technique optimizes the possibility of fat graft take, and permanent results. The scar is minimal. Liposuction is done through a small incision, about 5mm. The fat is injected through a similar incision and similar cannula diameter.

BBL or Brazilian Buttock Lift in Los Angeles

+1

In order to get a full size buttocks it is important to have enough fat for fat grafting to the buttock. I routinely inject about 600-1200 cc of fat in each buttock cheek, which means that the patient has to have enough fat.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Will eight gain result in improved results of the BBL with hips?

+1

The most important deteminant for the BBL is having adequate donor fat. If you have sufficient fat you do not need to gain weight to have improved results. If you lach adequate donor fat then, yes, you should gain weight to have better results. In order to be sure, you need to be examined by a Board Certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD