How much weight to gain? Cost of fat transfer? (photo)

This is how I look now. I want to look like a Barbie. I weigh 122 all muscle. I want a bigger fuller butt. How much weigh in fat do I have to gain to get a fat transfer that will be successful and will out last my excersize routine? And how much will this cost?

Don't gain weight

+1
A lot of women ask me this question because another surgeon recommended gaining weight prior to surgery. I NEVER recommend gaining weight to prepare for this surgery. It is not healthy, you will not have a better outcome, and you will not see long term results.

Should I Gain for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1
A patient has to have sufficient fat to transfer to the buttock. The results depend on how much is needed and how much is available. If you enlarge your current fat cells by overeating, and then go back to a normal diet, those cells will shrink. So there is no point in gaining weight before a transfer. Finding the fat is more important. Unless it is obvious, an in person exam is needed to determine where available fat is for transfer. The back of the thighs can be suitable as well as any excess around the waist. If you are already very muscular with very little excess fat, your doctor will need to examine you to see where it is feasible to get the fat without causing fat removal depressions.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

You've got what it takes!

+1
As you know, based on your picture, you are by no means overweight. But there is always enough fat to take from the waist (giving you a thinner waist) and from the inner thighs that can then be placed into your buttocks. 

Jonathan Kaplan, MD, MPH

How much weight to gain? Cost of fat transfer?

+1
I typically do not recommend weight gain, because I can usually find enough fat to produce a nice result.  The price varies widely based upon experience and area of the country.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

BBL Candidate

+1

It is not always best to gain weight for this procedure. The best thing to do is to have an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can evaluate you and give their opinion based on your skin quality. It will be key for you to find a surgeon who specializes in this procedure and performs at least 6-8 BBLs per week. The price can range from $9500-$12000. 

Matthew Schulman, MD