Will Gaining Weight Affect Results of Breast Lift?

I'm considering recieving a breast lift one day. If I have a breast lift done and what happen if I gain weight? Will my breasts will become more round, even, and proportionate with weight gain of any while maintaining newfound perkiness? I am not considering breast implants of any sort.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Weight Gain After Breast Lift

+1

A breast lift or mastopexy will always make the breast look younger and perkier when there is any kind of ptosis or sagging. If you normally gain weight in your breasts with weight gain then nothing will change after surgery. Will the sagging start all over again? Probably not. Typically, what happens is that the breasts will develop a glandular ptosis or the nipple will remain in the correct position but there will be more breast tissue below this. But it is what it is. So don't sweat it.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting and Weight Gain?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict with any degree of accuracy what will happen to your breasts if you gain weight. Ideally, you will wait to have this procedure done when you are at a long-term stable weight. Weight gain and/or loss  certainly can alter the results of surgery,  possibly to their detriment. Further surgery may be necessary to correct these changes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Impossible to know if weight gain will affect breast lift

+1

It is impossible to know for sure but most likely you will have increase in the size of your breast due to the fact that between 40 to 80 % of the breast mass is fatty tissue. This depends on the fat composition on the individual and also on the age, the older the patient is the more fat is present in the breast.

If you are thinking in a breast lift it probably means your skin quality is not perfect; if that is the case no breast lift surgery will give you results that will last forever. There are so many factors involved in the outcome of this kind of surgery, so you need to be sure you discuss all of them with your surgeon.

Remember a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of plastic surgery (the only board in pastic surgery recognized by the american board of medical specialties) will be your best chance to obtain a good result

Good luck

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain and breast lifts

+1

The short answer is that if you gain weight, you will gain some of it in your breasts. That's why the ideal patient is one that remains at a stable weight for six months or more.

Here's the long answer. In my experience, there are three types of breasts: those that consist of mostly breast tissue, those that consist of predominately fatty tissue and those that are an almost equal mix of breast tissue and fatty tissue. If your breast is made up of mostly fatty tissue, weight gain (or loss) will affect the size of your breasts much more than if you have mostly breast tissue.

Thus, the type of tissue that you have in your breasts can be fairly easily determined by looking at how your breasts have reacted in the past to your weight gain or loss and you will know what to expect for the future.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain may affect results of Breast Lift, depending on several variables

+1

Hi there-

The extent to which any gain in weight will affect your breast lift will depend on how much weight you gain, how fast, how long after your breast lift it occurs, your skin type, how old you are, your lifestyle, the type of breast lift you have done, the types of bras you like to wear.....

In other words, your question is impossible to answer accurately or responsibly...

My best advice to you is to try to be at the weight you think you can maintain over the long term at the time of your surgery. This will make the chances of significant changes in your weight affecting your outcome as small as possible.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

"Weighing in" on your results

+1

It is difficult to say what your breast would look like after weight gain. I guess it would depend on how much weight you gained. Regardless, I like patients to control weight for their overall health in addition to trying to maintain their cosmetic result. Significant weight gain can negatively affect the outcome of a good cosmetic result.

Gaining weight can affect your result for the better or for the worse

+1

Gaining weight with or without breast lift can affect the size and shape of your breasts. Some women appreciate this cup size gain and others do not. The shape may also be changed with weight gain. On the other hand, most women would not want an overall larger body size in exchange for a small breast size increase. There are other ways to increase your cup size without gaining unnecessary weight.

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Gaining weight NEVER improves a Cosmetic Result

+1

Cosmetic surgery should be done on healthy people with stable conditions. Just like you would never want to build a building on a ground which is shifting, it makes little sense to create a cosmetic result in a patient who is rapidly aging, loosing or gaining weight until the conditions stabilized. The key to success is STABILITY.

A breast Lift would cone the sagging breast, restore balance betwen the amount of breast skin envelope and breast volume which would make the breasts more symmetrical, perkier and lift them to a pleasing location on the chest wall. Gaining substantial weight may shift this balance.

Result of internal breast lift will last.

+1

Hi.

It all depends on how the breast lift is done. With a vertical technique, the breast tissue itself is lifted , from the inside, without relying on pulling the skin. This gives you long lasting result, even if you gain weight. And you don't need breast implants.

Weight gain after aesthetic surgery

+1

It is never going to help your cosmetic surgery result to gain weight after surgery. The skin will stretch and the extra weight will be more affected by gravity. If you are going to spend the money and go through with the breast lift, take care after to protect your investment and maintain a stable weight.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com