Weight Gain After Lipectemy?

I have had several patients over the past year tell me that they have noticed weight gain and redistribution post liposuction and/or body contouring procedures. I've tracked the caloric intake/expenditures and exercise regimens of several of the women and the weight increase doesn't appear to correlate with an increase in eating or decrease in active exercise. Responses I have seen on this forum seem to dismiss the concerns I have seen many patients express. References please. GLS, MD Seattle

Weight Gain and Redistribution

+1

I have not noticed that patients gain weight in response to liposuction.  Many of the patients maintain their weight, and look very much the same months and years down the line.  For those patients who do gain weight, they definitely tend to gain fat in the areas that have not been suctioned.