Weight Gain After Cool Sculpting?

I had cool sculpting and ultrashape on my thighs. I have now put on 8kg on my bottom and saddlebags. I cannot get rid of this fat even after Exercise and eating very low carb for 2 months. Pleas help. Is this fat struck forever?

Weight gain post coolsculpting

+1
It is important to understand the distinction between fat reduction and weight gain. Coolsculpting will eliminate approximately 20% of the fat cells in the treated area. However, if you gain weight, the remaining fat cells in the area can enlarge which may hide the results of the coolsculpting treatment.

CoolSculpting Treatment To Transformation

+1
CoolSculpting is not intended for weight loss, nor does it cause weight gain post treatment.  CoolSculpting is used to reduce the bulk of fat in a stubborn area.  The reduction of fat in one area may cause the patient to notice the fat in surrounding areas.  There is a method called Treatment To Transformation in which the provider fully assessed the patient and suggests a plan in which all of the applicable fat pockets are treated for the appropriate number of sessions.  Some patients will need two or more sessions on one bulge to get the reduction that is desired. 
When multiple CoolSculpting sessions are required, it may be helpful to find a top CoolSculpting provider who is able to offer special pricing.  My Raleigh NC office is a Premier Crystal Practice and offer patients Instant Rebates for free CoolSculpting treatments.  For each session that the patient purchases, one free session is given.  You can find the top provider in your area by searching the CoolSculpting website.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after Coolsculpting

+1

Unfortunately, Coolsculpting and Ultrashape treatments do not render one immune to weight gain in the areas treated or anywhere on the body.  Putting the weight on is much, much easier than taking it off again.  You may want to check in with your internal medicine physician and make sure all of your blood work and general health is in order and not contributing to your weight gain. The fat isn't there for good but it will require effort and persistence to change.  Good luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Weight gain after coolsculpting and ultrashape

+1

Possibly your doctor may find that you are retaining fluid. I'm not sure what happens when someone had both ultrasound (Ultrashape; not FDA cleared in the U.S.) and freezing (CoolSculpting). There may be so much inflammation from both devices that there is significant fluid retention. Please see your doctor for an evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Count Calories by Villar

+1

Calories in, calories out determines weight gain.  Low carb, high calories puts the weight on.  Best wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Luis Villar, MD