Weight Fluctuations Before Tummy Tuck

I was 120kg around 12 years of age but lost a lot during high school and eventually ranged between 70-80kg during college years. My goal weight is 68kg and I've only reached 69kg doing fad diets (I felt sick doing this). I know I have quite a bit of belly skin which is where most of the weight was during childhood. If I'm about 80kg now and wish to have a Tummy Tuck, should i wait until I'm back down to 70kg or go ahead. My weight floats between these (usually at 75 hardly ever towards).

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

It sounds like you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  Your weight is slightly higher than you desire (~10Kg), however I have found that this amount of weight loss after a tummy tuck does not have a deleterious effect.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Weight fluctuation before tummy tuck is a red flag

+1

It sounds like you are to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck to get rid of the loose skin, however weight fluctuations are a red flag for potential disappointment. The fad diets are also a problem. You are about to make a considerable investment in your tummy and you should enjoy a reasonable diet, stable weight, and active lifestyle to make the most of your investment.

peterejohnsonmd

Weight fluctuations with abdominoplasty

+1

I would recommend that before you seek any procedures such as abdominoplasty that you make sure you are at a stable weight for 6 months.  I think this reduces postoperative changes that can affect your final result such as recurrence of excess skin.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Best weight to do tummy tuck

+1

You do have quite a range of weight fluctuations.  The right answer as to when to do a tummy tuck is when you are able to hold a healthy weight.  You should be able to have normal activity and eating habits and have a healthy weight.  You do not want to do surgery when you are too low and starved with a fad diet.  At the same time you do want to do the procedure when you are overweight and will realistically go on and  lose weight after the surgery.  Figure out where you will normally live and do the surgery at that weight.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon