Should I Gain More in My Waist if that's Where I Collect Weight Before CoolSculpting?

Hi there! I am 5'3", in good shape (run/bike/weights) and weigh about 105. But, I hardly have a waist and inherited lovely back/flank rolls from BOTH of my parents. This is the only place I have fat. So, the Zeltiq looks like a dream come true for me. My question is....the first place I gain weight is in this area.....will I kill more fat cells if I gain a little weight before the procedure? I literally could add 10 pounds THERE in no time. Thanks much!

CoolSculpting and weight

+1

No need to gain weight prior to CoolSculpting.  Even a small amount of fat can be treated effectively with the smaller handpieces. Sine you are concerned about your waistline, you may wish to find an office that ofers CoolSculpting Complete. This means two systems simultaneously treated two areas (like sides of waist) at the same time. A Coolsculpting Complete treatment also includes a waist binder for added comfort and vibrational therapy to help stimulate the lymphatic system.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

NO! don't increase weight to get a better result from CoolSculpting with Zeltiq

+1

You're not increasing the number of fat cells by increasing your weight unless you exceed your ideal body weight by 170%. Therefore, all you're accomplishing is increasing the mass of each fat cell by adding more triglycerides in the cytoplasm of the fat cell.  The result then of the CoolSculpting would be less decrease of volume then you could have achieved if you hadn't increased your weight.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Preparing for CoolSculpting

+1
It is not recommended that you gain weight before a CoolSculpting treatment. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss solution for people who are obese, or a substitute for surgical methods such as liposuction. Good candidates have noticeable bulges in certain areas they’d like to get rid of. Your doctor will determine if treatment is right for you during a one-on-one consultation.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Dont gain weight before Coolsculpting

+1

I do not recommend that my patients gain weight prior to Coolsculpting. It is an excellent treatment for noninvasive fat removal in properly selected patients. The variables are fat quality, amount, and location and these need to be assessed by your doctor.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Weight for Coolsculpting Procedure

+1

CoolSculpting smoothly cools undesired fat cells in the body resulting in a painless, controlled eradication of fat cells.  Research determined that fat cells are more vulnerable to cold temperatures and when introduced to these cold climates are effortlessly and permanently demolished. Beginning weeks after the cooling application, the cooled fat cells initiate the process of solidifying the fat cells without destroying surrounding tissues, eventually causing the cells to shrink and disappear naturally. Gradually as the cells diminish, the depth of the fat layer will be reduced.

The patients who have the best results with this treatment are at their lowest, most stable weight so I would not suggest gaining weight before performing the treatment.  You may want to go see a doctor and have an examination to determine if you are a good candidate.

Best Wishes.