Do I Need to Lose Weight Before a Butt Lift and Tummy Tuck?

I am 5'6 200 lbs. i think if i lose the weight i wont have enough fat for the grafts.

To be overweight is not an advantage

+1

patients always think that way and it is funny to me. but definitly is not true . to be overweight is never useful. you must be close to your ideal weight.

Ideal weight for tummy tucks.

+1

We recoemmend you to be at your ideal weight or maximun 10 lbs over before a tummy tuck or a brazilian butt lift.

Cosmetic Surgery - Body Contouring Surgery on Obese (BMI of 30 and over)

+1

The BEST results and lowest complication rates in Body Contouring Surgery (Tummy Tuck, Butt Lift, Lower Body Lift, Belt Lipectomy, Liposuction etc) are seen when we operate on people who are not overweight (BMI under 27), who are healthy and whose weight has been stable for 4-6 months.

You have a BMI of 32.3 which classifies you as Obese. For much better results, you should take great efforts to drop your weight by 40 pounds.

You appear to be confused about Buttock lifts as are many other women. A Brazilian Butt Lift (fat transfer to the buttocks) is associated with liposuction of the lower back (IE "Back Scoop Surgery") and elsewhere as needed to secure enough fat to augment the buttocks with. The operation defines the upper buttocks and re-shapes the cheeks but will not markedly lift a really sagging buttock. For that you would need to have removed the excess skin just above the buttocks leaving you with a transverse scar across the low back.

Good Luck.

Need to lose weight

+1

Tummy tuck and buttock lifting surgeries are body contouring procedures.  At your height and weight you will not appreciate that much of a contour improvement because the thickness of your fatty tissues will mask it.  Try to lose 30 pounds or so.  You will still have plenty of fat left for a fat transfer buttock lift.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

You need a diet

+1

Your BMI is 33 or so -- I do not do tummy tucks on patients whose bmi is over 30. You need to go on a diet first.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD