What Should Be an Ideal Weight to Have a Nice Tummy Tuck?

A mother of 3! I don't want more kids I want to feel like I did before my wonderful children. I weight 145lbs I am 5'0 what should be my ideal weight to have a nice tummy tuck? I used to be 110 but I want to be realistic 110lbs after my first baby at age 21 know 29 and at 145lbs

Ideal weight for tummy tucks.

+1

Reducing down to your lowest comfortable weight and keeping it stable is advised for any tummy tuck or liposuction procedure. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Ideal Weight

+1

If the person is obese, and the weight is not only accumulating around the abdominal pannus, but is instead  accumulating all around, the ideal thing would be to lose as much weight as possible; some may even require gastric bypass procedures.  However, if most of the weight is accumulated around the tummy, then that person will be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The surgery will be easier on the patient and doctor, if less amount of fat tissue is involved around the abdomen. 

Panama City Plastic Surgeon

The ideal weight for Tummy Tuck

+1

Your current BMI is 28.3 which in my opinion makes you a reasonable candidate for body contouring surgery.  Complications increase significantly for those with a BMI of  30 or over.  

Dr. ES

Ideal weight and tummy tuck

+1

There is no specific ideal weight.  However, if you are losing weight to get down to around your original weight, you would probably achieve a better result than if you were heavier.

+1

Around 120 to 120 to answer your question directly. Best to see a boarded surgeon From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Ideal Weight for Tummy Tuck

+1

Your ideal weight is below 128 lb. I would recommend you choose a weight between it and your previous 110. There are many ways to achieve this, including Weight Watchers, etc. Dr. Oz’s book, You On a Diet, is an excellent reference. There are also multiple sources on the internet. The closer you can get to your ideal, the better your ultimate result. If you have the tummy tuck at your present weight, knowing where you would prefer, you will most likely lose weight after the procedure. This is due to a psychologic resetting of your satiety center once you see a new, slimmer you. Since the skin was tightened with the extra weight, you may then have some loose skin again.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

+1

Regarding: "What Should Be an Ideal Weight to Have a Nice Tummy Tuck?
"

At 5'0" height and 145 pounds your Body Mass Index - BMI is 28.32 kg/squared meters which defines you as "overweight" (over 30 would be "obese" and over 40 "morbidly obese"). Your LEAN body weight is estimated at 94 pounds and IDEAL weight at 100.3 pounds.

You can have a Tummy Tuck now and get a good result BUT if you could use diet and exercise to drop your weight to 129 pounds or below, your BMI would drop to just over 25 and you are much more likely to get a FANTASTIC Tummy Tuck result.

Good Luck!

Dr. Peter Aldea

Ideal Weight for a Tummy Tuck

+1

Trying to get to your ideal weight can be self defeating if you set your goals too high. You need to find a weight you are comfortable with and can maintain. Check with your doctor or plastic surgeon to help you determine what a realistic weight for you might be. You are probably not far from a goal where you could get a great result from a tummy tuck.

At/Near Ideal Weight Best Time for Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are at or close to your ideal body weight at the time of your tummy tuck, you are likely to obtain a better result than someone who is significantly overweight.  I agree that, in your case, a weight of 130-135 pounds is a reasonable and attainable goal.

130 to 135 Pounds is about right

+1
For your age and height 130 to 135 pounds is about right. However, it really depends on where your excess weight is. If it's mostly I your abdomen or thighs then you might need to ideally lose more or less weight. The best way to decide is to see a plastic surgeon in person.