I Weighed 115 Pounds I'm a 34B but Small and Perky, How Many Cc Do I Need To Achieve a Full C-cup?

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+2

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

How Many Cc Do I Need To Achieve a Full C-cup?

+2

There are no uniform definitions of cup size. Most of us have patients with cup sizes B, C, and D in their bra drawers that all fit (or all don't fit). A B cup on a 34 is larger that a B cup on a 32, and smaller than a C cup on a 36 band. 

It is often quoted that patients get one cup size increase for every 200-225cc of implant size, but that is a rough estimate. You can do the math.

But best is to have an in person evaluation with a plastic surgeon. RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

How much to change a cup size

+2

Great question. While both patients and surgeons often talk about cup sizes, it is a very inaccurate way of discussing the size of the breasts. Bra sizes vary tremendously. There is no standardization within the bra manufacturing business and women wear their bras differently. That being said, we continue to discuss cup sizes because it is easy for all of us to understand.

Traditionally, it is thought that 200cc is the equivalent of one cup size. However, going from a small but perky b cup to a full size will likely take more volume. Your result will look its most natural if your implants are selected on a more 3 dimensional approach. Select an implant width that matches your chest width and then pick the implant projection based on how full you would like to be. This will better determine the volume needed to give you a natural but full breast.

Best of luck with your surgery.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rockmore, MD 

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

How Many CC to Fill A C-Cup

+1

There is no secret formula. In fact, everybody’s idea of a Full C-cup varies. What I have found most useful in my practice, is a simple exercise. I have my patients try on an unpadded bra and then fill the cups with samples of the actual implants that they are considering. They can even try their clothes on top. This gives me and the patient a better idea of what they are calling a Full “C”.

Brad Herman, MD