If I Weigh 210 at 5 2" and Want my Love Handle Removed with Lipo What Would Be Your Suggestion for Me?

Treatment of Overweight Love Handles

+2

If you are as overweight as imply, then you must understand that liposuction of the love handles alone won't make any significant change in your contour.  Probably there is some stretched out extra skin over the fat creating the love handles and for the best recontouring you would need to remove or tailor this skin excess as well as suction the fat.  I doubt that just liposuction will create a really nice and smooth result, as the "deflated" skin might just ripple and fold.  However, I would suggest that you commit yourself to a serious attempt at weight loss first.  Studies have shown that overweight people who first lose weight will be much happier with the results of body contouring surgery, and the weight loss will improve your future health.

Liposuction of Love Handles at 5'2" 210 lbs

+1

Although weight loss will help your overall health, liposuction of the flanks is not necessarily unreasonable as this area usually heals well.  An exam will be necessary to determine if this is appropriate.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Of Love Handles while Overweight?

+1

Thank you for the question.I

I would agree with the other responders who have concerns about your overall health and suggest that you wait off having any type of surgery until you are closer to a long-term stable weight. Seeking “consultation” with personal trainers and/or nutritionists may be helpful.

Love handles

+1

You are overweight no question but I would consider lipo to your love handles beacuse I believe this area is tough to treat with diet.You should try to get to your normal weight and I am sure you have tried.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for love handles

+1

I write this truly concerned about your health.

I know that when you are overweight, liposuction seems an easy solution but your weight is unhealthy for you. Liposuction won't make you healthier. You are at risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and many other health problems.

I respectfully suggest that you invest your money in a weight loss program - no pills, no gimmicks, just healthy eating and exercise. Then when you have lost 20 pounds or more, you can reward yourself with a small liposuction - to motivate you to keep losing.

With best wishes and hopes for a truly healthy you - 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Liposuction for love handles

+1

I agree with the other plastic surgeons that gave their opinion here.  Because of your height and weight, your results might not be as obtainable as you desire.  You run the risk of having excess skin after the liposuction, which would be difficult to correct without surgical excision.

Seek the opinion of a board-certified plastic surgeon as he/she can give you all the treatment options that are available to you.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Liposuction for love handles

+1

Liposuction works best for patients whose contours do not respond to diet and exercise.  At 5'2" and 210 pounds  you may not experience great results due to overall fat distribution. If all you have is a localized fat collection you may get some improvement, but if you then lose weight your contours may not be in balance.  Your best bet is to get to whatever weight you think you will be able to maintain and then get an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  Be sure to see a complete portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Liposuction of the Love Handles does Great

+1

Liposuction makes a big improvement on love handles and is easy to undergo under local anesthesia for roughly $4-5,000 special. It is a great motivator to help you want to diet and exercise more to lose more weight. Of coarse, everyone will say "lose all your weight 1st to get close to your ideal weight etc." but we know that that approach will take yrs and most likely isn't going to happen. Since you are going to need lipo anyway and if you are otherwise healthy, you might as well do it now and kick start the new you. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Large volume liposuction

+1

The answer to your question all depends on your expectations. At 5'2 and 210lbs, your BMI is over 38. Patients that have high BMIs are going to be at an extremely higher risk than patients that have lower BMIs for any procedure, including liposuction. You will be at a higher risk for unsatisfactory results, grooving, over-resection or under-resection in areas, skin injury, seroma formation, lymphatic injury, etc. Using liposuction as a weight loss tool or to debulk large areas of adipose tissue is almost always a bad idea. Losing weight first will significantly improve your chances of having great results that last instead of essentially throwing money away at a liposuction provider. Any advice to just have the procedure regardless of whether or not you are a good candidate or not is irresponsible at best and dangerous at worst. Please seek the advice of a local board certified plastic surgeon before considering any "specials" by vulturing non plastic surgeon providers.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon