I Weigh 165 and Am 5'4 Do I Need I Lose Weight Before Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I Weigh 165 and Am 5'4 Do I Need To Lose Weight Before Tummy Tuck?

Weight loss and tummy tuck

+1

Do you "need" to lose weight before tummy tuck is an ambiguous question. Ideally, it would be most beneficial for you to be at the weight you want to be prior to undergoing tummy tuck. This is because more skin can be removed and more muscle tightening can be done. But, you would get noticable benefit from having a tummy tuck just as you are. Your call on how badly and how soon you want it.

Tummy tuck or further weight loss?

+1

The key to a successful abdominal contour operation is performing it when you've reached your target weight. This is because further weight loss following surgery often leads to sagging skin and revisional procedures. If you feel that you could lose an additional 10-20lbs, you would more than likely be happier with your final results.  

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss prior to a tummy tuck

+1

Clearly, you could benefit from a tummy tuck based on your photos. Recommending to you how much weight to lose prior to your procedure without an examination is not as straightforward. If you can lose some weight, want to weigh less and can do so, then this would be in your best interests as the results from your surgery could be more refined and sculpted. It may be that somewhere in the range of 10 to 20 pounds may be reasonable.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

Weight loss before Tummy Tuck will improve your results

+1

You definitely will have a better chance for an excellent Tummy Tuck result if you lose additional weight-probably 10-20 pounds.

The fat beneath the skin takes up volume that prevents the surgeon from removing the optimal amount of skin during the Tummy Tuck.

The thinner the skin on the abdomen, the more skin can be removed and the tighter your Tummy Tuck result.

Be sure to discuss this with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-tummy-tuck-abdominoplasty/

Do I need to lose weight before a tummy tuck?

+1

I tell my patients that they will have a better result if they are at or close to their ideal body weight before have most procedures especially a tummy tuck. 

• That is a weight that is ideal for you, that may not be a weight that is ideal for a person your height and weight.  Everyone has a pretty good idea of a weight at which they feel “confortable”. 
• Having said that I think you are an excellent candidate for this operation.  You should find a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to perform this operation and you should see as many before and after photos as you want to see the types of results that surgeon can obtain regularly. 

Thank you for your question, which I hear almost daily and thank you for the photos.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Loosing weight before abdominoplasty is always a good idea

+1

It is always best to be at ideal weight before plastic surgery (or any type of surgery for that matter). One, you will get a better result. Two, risks and complications associated with being under general anesthesia are reduced. Three, healing is optimum at an ideal weight. Best wishes, Dr. H

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Before Tummy Tuck

+1

Although you could undergo a tummy tuck at your present weight and obtain a nice result, you will likely get a better result if you are able to lose 10-20 pounds prior to your surgery.  A tummy tuck will almost always have a better result if the patient is at, or near, ideal body weight.

Weight Loss Before Tummy Tuck

+1

If possible, a 15 to 20 pound weight loss could yield a better result. However, you also need to consider the likelihood of being able to achieve this.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss before Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The ideal patient for  tummy tuck surgery is one who has done his/her best to reach a long-term stable weight,  has diet and exercise resistant subcutaneous adipose tissue and loose skin and who does not plan to have pregnancies in the future.

If I were meeting with you in person I would most likely suggest that you “push the diet and exercise program” and return to see me and 3 to 6 months.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm

Do I Need I Lose Weight Before Tummy Tuck?

+1

The most important considerations before abdominoplasty are, in my opinion, your overall risk profile, your anatomy, abdominal wall redundancy, and whether or not you plan more children.  If you don't believe you will be pregnant again and your abdominal wall is soft, you don't need to lose weight before abdominoplasty.  If your abdominal wall is tight from a peritoneal cavity that is distended from mesenteric and omental fat, then weight loss is recommended.  Differentiation between these two conditions is best accomplished by physical examination in your surgeon's office, and is difficult to determine by photos alone.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com