9 Weeks Since my TT - Am I Still Swollen?

I've had a TT on May 19, 2010. So far I am not too happy with the results. Below are some before and after pictures. My PS says that I am still swollen, but am I really. I still have the curve in my belly. That is what I do not like. I was hoping to be much flatter. My PS did not do a full TT that I paid for, he did not re-position my belly button... could this be the problem?

Tummy tuck Swelling?

+1

I am sorry to hear about  your dissatisfaction  with the surgical results and the apparent miscommunication you  have had with your plastic surgeon.

Generally, swelling after tummy tuck surgery can take months to subside and it can take up to 1 year for skin redraping to occur. 

The mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

SEE VIDEO for sample Results of tummy tuck and how to improve your results

+1

Given the pre-operative condition, I believe you have a reasonable outcome. There does not appear to be much swelling  but your results could definitely be improved with diet to reduce visceral fat (intraabdominal fat around your organs causing abdominal fullness) and exercise using a core strengthening regimen such as Pilates. Give it about 3 months to see overall improvement