Is Three Weeks Enough Time to Recover After Having the Nasal Bone Rasped?

I would be getting about 2 mm rasped off my dorsal hump and a slight bump on the left side of my nose rasped. The surgeon said it would be an endonasal procedure and that this would be sufficient time to recover, but I just wanted a second opinion.I have been wanting this procedure for a while now but the surgeon's only opening is next friday, a mere three weeks before I go back to college. Is this enough time that I can recover enough (swelling and bruising go down enough) to be unnoticeable?

Time required for recovery after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with the time required for recovery before you started college. Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and swelling takes time to subside while it tends to mask the results of your surgery.

Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be, but longer with a thick skin. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendation at the moment is to be concerned and focus on how the end results will be rather than worrying about the process to get there. It is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery in advance and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS