Been six weeks since surgery, will sleeping without CG cause any damage,what is the length of time requried to wear? (photo)

Compression garment

+2

Check in with your plastic surgeon but I only have patients wear the compression garment for one month.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment and Tummy Tuck

+1

Many patients wear the compression garment for weeks to months. Follow your Plastic Surgeon's recommendation for your follow up care. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

More than 6 weeks is unusual

+1

I agree with Dr. Gottlieb. Call your plastic surgeon's office and ask what they recommend. Many surgeons recommend compression garment for 3-6 weeks, but usually not longer than 6 weeks. However, some surgeons don't recommend the use compression garments at all after a tummy tuck.

If you had any seromas, this may be a reason to wear for longer than 6 weeks. Therefore, it is always best to follow your surgeon's advice.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Will sleeping without CG cause any damage,what is the length of time requried to wear

+1

This is best asked of your surgeon. Most who recommend compression ask patients to wear them for six weeks, sometimes less.

All the best.