Is 7 Weeks Post-Op Revision of Implant Pockets too Soon to See Results, Or Should I Get a Revision? (Photo)

Im 7 weeks post op from an internal revision of my breast implant pockets. They are quite uneven and different in size now. Is it too soon to do a revision or do i just need to give them more time to settle and even out?

Revision of Breast Implant Pocket

+1

Breast surgeries take a number of months to settleand show their final shape.  Revision of prior breast implants can be tricky. The surgeon needs to consider the plan carefully and your tissues need to cooperate as well.  It is important for you  to be patient through this phase and follow instructions that your surgeon gave you.  Some results are made better by massage and some require special types of bras to re-enforce the areas of pocket revision.  Wait a good 6 months before considering  any surgery.  Good luck.

Re do 7 weeks after revision?

+1

7 weeks is too early to consider reoperation.  I would recommend waiting at least 4 months, preferably 6 to see how your breasts settle out. The asymmetry of volume may still be due to swelling and they will probably relax and lower somewhat with time. Tell you doctor your concerns and make a follow up appointment for reassurance

Marialyn Sardo, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

Should wait for at least 6 months to allow full healing. Would like to see original and before revision photos if possible. What size implant? 

Results after breast Implant revision

+1

HI,

What you see depends very much on what you had done. It would be useful to see pictures prior to the revision to get a better idea of where you started. I typically tell my patients that what they see isn't what they get until about 3-4 months. That being said, I can sometimes get a very good idea of the result prior to that. You appear to have fairly large implants and need to be aware that time and gravity will affect them greatly. As always, the best advice is to raise your concerns with your surgeon.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Timing of breast revision

+1
Hello, It depends what type of capsule revision was performed and what your goal is. At 7 weeks after surgery, it is still early as the healing process of any capsule tightening or repair is not yet fully complete. Significant size disparity however will not change with time if the size asymmetry is an implant issue. All the best, Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Recovery time

+1

I think for any surgery in specific breat augmentation, so  you have to wait at least 3 to 6 months.haveing said that, my advice to you to wait and relax and start massaging if you didnt .

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Implant revision

+1

At seven weeks out form breast surgery, it is too soon to have a revision. Often you have to wait about 4-6 months minimum before undergoing a revision.

Breast augmentation revision?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  

Yes, at this point is much too early to be making a final judgment about the final result and/or the potential for further surgery. you may  one to wait at least 6 months to evaluate the results of the revisionary surgery. Continue to follow-up  with your plastic surgeon.