6 Weeks Post- Modified Tummy Tuck. Skin is Still Wrinkled and Loose.

i am 6 weeks out from a modified tt and mr. modified because i kept my bb. i look like i need a tt more than before the surgery and wish i could of got a new bb in order to pull my upper ab skin tighter. i hate the wrinkles in my upper abs. why do you think i look full and should i of had a full tt?

Wrinkled skin after tummy tuck

+2

You are quite early after your surgery, and should not judge your results, nor should anybody. 

You appear to have received a tightening of the deep fascia with minimal scarring, the advantage of some modified tummy tucks.

Full tummy tucks, and we perform them weekly on the appropriate patient, leave a long scar, plain and simple.  Patients must decide between having the scar and the inherently greater tightening offered with a fulll tummy tuck vs less tightening of the skin with various modified tummy tucks.

There are now many modified tummy tucks, ranging from lower incision full tummy tucks to low incision, fascial only tightening tummy tucks.

Definitely communicate your worries to your plastic surgeon.

Full versus mini tummy tuck

+1

There are pros and cons to almost every surgery.  Hopefully you discussed the options with your surgeon.  Sometimes we make the best decision we can make but it may not turn out the way we expect.  If you are unhappy, I recommend waiting at least 3 months from the time of your surgery and ideally 6 months.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and determine if a full tummy tuck is a good option for you.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

Unfortunately the "modified TT" or mini TT was not the correct option for you. You need a second opinion and than have a heart to heart with the surgeon. Best of luck. 

Full tummy tuck after a mini

+1

Six weeks out may be too soon to tell. Actually with a tummy tuck everyone keeps their belly button. A full tummy tuck will address the laxity around and above the belly button. If the mini tummy tuck has missed the mark, it is possible to revise and complete the full tummy tuck if you are unhappy, though give yourself several months to fully heal beforehand.

peterejohnsonmd