3 Weeks Pregnant and Took Accutane for 1week

I'm in my early weeks of pregnancy and was unaware so I took accutane for a week I'm on a 40mg do I have 2 terminate my pregnancy

I took Accutane and I found out I'm pregnant

+1

Accutane absolutely cannot be used during pregnancy no matter how high or low the dosage is. When taking it as a female with child bearing potential, two forms of contraception must be used at all times. I would recommend you see your physician immediately, as he or she also has to report your pregnancy to the iPledge program. And you can discuss together what will be best for you and the fetus, but it is recommended by the FDA that any pregnancies that occur while on Accutane are terminated.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.