8 Weeks Postop Small, Flat, and Shapeless After BA with Mastopexy?

I am 5'5, 200 lbs. Had removal of ruptured old 225 cc implants, mastopexy, and new implants, 475 cc HP gel under muscle, to give me BIGGER boobs. Preop I was DD cup; big round boobs that I loved. Now I have wide, flat, shapeless boobs, can't fill out a B cup bra. Saw PS last week, she had no explanation for me, offered me redo without her surgeon fee. I don't understand what happened. How am I smaller with bigger implants after surgery than before surgery with implants half the size?

Now I have wide, flat, shapeless boobs

+1

To really answer a question like this all of us need pictures before and after surgery. Any surgical result depends on what was the shape before surgery in order to compare to what the result was after surgery.

It sounds like you have a reputable surgeon that is trying to help you achieve the result you wanted. Good luck

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation swelling

+1

Most likely, all of the swelling disappeared from your breasts.  Many patients do like the "swollen" look and if so you may need to have much larger implants placed.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Smaller Breasts After Breast Augmentation?

+1

It is hard for me to understand this issue also without a picture. There may not have been an adequate mastopexy performed, may the implants are displaced, etc.  Revisiting with a picture may allow you to get better direction.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Unhappy after Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after revision breast surgery. Breast size before and after breast implant removal/replacement and mastopexy surgery can be somewhat tricky.  There are many variables involved including changing the native breast skin envelope and positioning on the chest wall. These changes alone can cause the breasts to appear  smaller to the patient.  In other words, the change in breast size that you are perceiving  should be understood in terms of the multiple variables involved with the type of surgery that you have undergone (not just breast implant size).

I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, communicate your  concerns and goals in a calm constructive fashion, and work together to achieve the results you are looking for.

Smaller and flatter after replacement with larger implants

+1

I suspect that you had tight capsule contractures with your old implants. This causes the implant to become round like a ball. This gives you additional projection at the expense of being hard. Based on your weight I suspect you have a fair amount of breast tissue on your own (may have changed since your original surgery). Your larger breast basically "swallowed up" the implant.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Small, Flat, and Shapeless After BA with Mastopexy

+1

This situation is difficult to understand. It's quite impossible to make a gas without seeing some pre-and postop photographs. Please consider attaching them to your question and those of us will try to answer these questions will have a chance to give you a reasonable response.

Thank you and best wishes.