6 Weeks Postop Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo on Flanks. When Can I Resume My Fitness Routine? Also it is Tender?

My recovery has been going well even though i havent attempted running again. I am anxious to go back to my regular fitness routine but am nervous about it. Most of my swelling seems to be more around my bb area. Also, have some tenderness in the area. Is this commom for 6 weeks postop? Also, how long does it take for the stitches in the muscle repair heal? Does that area heal or are there risks of these sutures ripping years later?

When to resume exercise after tummy tuck

+2

This can vary with the procedure, the patient and the exercise. You should ask your surgeon as he or she is most familiar with you and your surgery. In general, at 6 weeks most patients are healed enough to start exercising but be sure to start slowly whenever you do start back with your routine. Good luck to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

6 Weeks Postop Full Tummy Tuck with Lipo on Flanks. When Can I Resume My Fitness Routine?

+2

This is a question best asked of your surgeon who has seen your incisions healing and is most familiar with your casehistory.

By six weeks, most patients are free of any restrictions. When you get back to the gym, don't expect to be able to do what you could the day before surgery on your first day back. Allow a couple weeks to get back there gradually.

By six weeks, the strength of your healed tissues is about 90% as strong as it will be when "fully" healed. Some discomfort, tenderness, and swelling is the norm and nothing to be alarmed about. Do, though, where your compression garment the first few times at the gym.

Thanks, best wishes.

Hello

+2

It takes 6-8 weeks for your tissue and muscle to be as strong as before. You should resume all your normal activities then. You should ease into it since you were out of commission for some time and you will be very sore and sensitive. The absorbable sutures take 6-8months to dissolve.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

6 weeks after Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

In general, 6 weeks after a tummy tuck a patient may be released to full normal activity. It will take time to be 100% as you were before your surgery. Take your time and be cautious while starting your work out routine. Expect some swelling after your exercises and continue to use your compression garment as long as you have some swelling. To be sure of your release to full activity, I would double check with you plastic surgeon.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Tummy Tuck and Exercise

+2

You are six weeks postop. I generally clear my tummy tuck patients to resume activity as tolerated at this time *gradually*.  The key word is gradually resume your exercise routines.   You may experience some swelling after work-outs.  This is normal.  Just put on your compressive garments after your workouts.  You'll notice this post exercise swelling less and less as the weeks/months progress.   enjoy your results!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

6 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

+2

All good questions. You should really discuss with your own surgeon since no one else knows exactly what was done. In general I allow my patients to start to resume heavy exercising at 6 weeks post op, but they need to build up slowly. it takes about 6 weeks for the muscle repair to heal enough to start exercise. 

Ronald Schuster, MD