5 Weeks Post Upper & Lower Tummy Lipo and Little to No Results, Very Discouraged at This Point?

I am 5 weeks post upper and lower tummy lipo and looking at my before and after pictures I see very little difference. My Dr is board certified and he uses the tumescent technique. I am 5'6" and weigh 160 pounds. I wore my compression garments 24/7 for the first 3 weeks and now I wear it about 12 hours a day. My Dr also has me using Retin A to help with my stretch marks although I do not really have that many but he says using this will make the skin look better. I had a total of 2400ml's removed.

Overweight Results

You may be expecting too much of liposuction. Since you are overweight, more emphasis should be placed on diet and exercise.

Have you seen a nutritionist/dietician lately? Also, any recent coaching on exercise?

Good luck and know that these type changes will make you much healthier and feel better also.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

24 White Bridge Rd
Nashville, TN 37205

5 weeks post liposuction

At five weeks post liposuctin you may still be very swollen and this the results will be masked.  Give it 3-4 months.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Discouraged 5 weeks after liposuction

I tell my patients that it takes 6 weeks for the majority of your swelling to resolve, and up to 6 months to see your final result.  Before and after photos are indispensible, because sometimes people forget what they looked like before the procedure.  I would suggest discussing this openly with your physician and give it more time to see your final results.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

320 Superior Avenue
Newport Beach, CA 92663

5 week

After liposuctions it takes 6-9 months for you to be able to see the final results. You are still swollen and wearing the compression can help with that. After 9 months if you still see no results you should consult with your PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Swelling can persist for 6 months and sometimes up to 1 year following liposuction.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210