3 Weeks Post TT and Super Swolllen. Had Been Draining over 100c's. Is This Normal? (photo)

Im 3 weeks post TT w/ lipo but still really swollen. I actually fell on my tummy just hours after my surgery. My PS said everything looked ok at the time. I had been draining around 100ccs of dark red fluid (PS says likely old blood from my fall) for 3wks til PS decided to remove drain for fear of infection. Placed me on an antibiotic & says I may heal on my own or need surgery to drain fluid out. Bottom front of tummy feels fluidy but the rest feels hard. More likely i'll heal or need surgery?

Sounds like an Old Hematoma

+1

thank you for your pictures. I would be concerned that you have a hematoma after your fall.  I would not hesitate to evaluate and evacuate any old blood because it may be lead to infection. Please revisit this with your PS.

Dr. ES

+1

Based upon the posted photos and the post operative trauma I might recommend re exploration of the area and multiple drag placement. Have you checked your blood counts BTW!?? 

3 Weeks Post TT and Super Swolllen. Had Been Draining over 100c's.

+1

I would be concerned about persistent fluid--blood or serum, and if there is as much as it appears there might be, it would be well to have it drained, either by replacing the drain, or by reopening the incision for a "wash-out."  An ultrasound exam can tell your surgeon if there is still fluid under that abdominal skin.

All the best. 

Hematoma after abdominoplasty should be drained.

+1

I can't really tell what's going on based on the photographs in your history. Any sizable collection of fluid should be drained either percutaneously or intraoperative.