6 Weeks Post Thigh Lipo and the Tops of my Thighs Still 'Burn', What Can I Do?

Also- when I am bathing and I lift my legs up to soap the back of my thigh I can't without it burning. It's as though the skin has knitted back to the inside of my body but has no 'give'and therefore cannot stretch! The lumpiness is subsiding and the shape I have now is AMAZING. I just wondered if there's anything I can do to help myself heal? ps: I started running again this week and the burning worsens slightly during the runs. (I am being careful to build up gradually)

Hypersensitivity after liposuction

+1

I am glad that you find your results amazing.  Your symptoms are occasionally noted post operatively and usually are self-limiting and resolve spontaneously, although this can take many months in some rare instances.  Ask your surgeon if an antiinflammatory agent can help reduce this sensitivity.

Tincture of time should resolve post liposuction burning sensation

+1

This sensation does happen on occasion post-liposuction.  My patients who have complained of this typically report a burning sensation in the love handles.  Give it time and it should resolve on its own, manual massage of the areas can also help, as can ultrasonic therapy.  Being 6 weeks out is still fairly early from the time of surgery, some patients that do have this issue report that it can last for several months.  Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

Samuel Sohn, MD

Liposuction and sensory issues

+1

Sometimes sensory changes can occur with liposuction. I think it happens more often with the heat generating machines like the Smartlipo and the ultrasonic devices.  It usually gets better with time.  Follow closely with your surgeon.

+1

This is a very infrequent occurrence after liposuction. Time usually allows the disappearance of these symptoms. Try vitamin B, ultrasonic therapy.