2 Weeks Post Septorhinoplasty - Haven't Been Able to Sleep Well Since?

I'm 20 year old male that just went for Septorhinoplasty with terbinate reduction about 2 weeks ago to improve breathing and fixing my little crooked nose. I couldn't sleep well ever since, been mouth breathing and my nose is very very congested. My face feels VERY tight and stiff, I couldn't smile or do any other facial expressions. My nose is badly swollen. I'm really suffering right now. When will I ever feel like a normal person again so that I can resume all of my activities?

At 2 weeks postop you can expect some congestion

+1

Typically two weeks after combined procedure septoplasty/rhinoplasty the internal splint gets finally removed. However, there is still a lot of internal and external swelling present. Some patients can breathe great for the first time since a long, long time. Some experience problems in breathing till the swelling subsidize  The time of the recovery is very different from patient to patient, but from now on you should be noticing definitely improvement. Make sure you nose is clean. Please follow the instruction given by your surgeon as far as how to take care of you nose. Be very careful, nose will be sensitive, you can experience some numbness in the nose and lip area.

+1

2 weeks after septorhinoplasty you may have swelling that is making your breathing worse than your preoperative state.  Return to your surgeon to determine if there is anything else that he or she can give you or would advise for you.  You can also be examined to determine if everything is healing appropriately.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA     

Nasal congestion after rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose internally is likely very swollen.  A short course of steroids may help this swelling in addition to nasal steroids.  You also may benefit from having your nose suctioned again.  As the swelling goes down your sleeping pattern should return to normal and likely improve with better breathing.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Intranasal steroids and Benadryl may help postoperative breeding issues after rhinoplasty.

+1

A rhinoplasty like any operation create swelling in and around the operated area. This can lead to nasal airway obstruction. Swelling can be helped often times by intranasal steroid spray and Benadryl at the time of bedtime.