I Am 2 Weeks Post S/L, and my Weight Has Increased by 3lbs. Despite Being on a Diet. Why?

I Am 2 Weeks Post S/L,  and my Weight Has Increased by 3lbs. Despite Being on a Diet. Why?

2 Weeks Post-Op

+1

Fluid retention in the edematous tissues is probably what’s happening. It should resolve on its own by the fourth week. If not, a gentle diuretic (water pill) may be prescribed.

Diet

+1

If S/L means smart lipo, it is not uncommon to see a slight wweight gain. You are eating but, probably not exercising as you used to. Also,early on, a lot more fluid was injected than was suctioned out. You will do fine >this is a great procedure.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Smartlipo post-op

+1

I assume S/L is smart lipo.  It is fairly common for patients to have a small weight gain afte liposuction due to swelling, and lack of exercise.  This usually improves over the first several weeks after surgery.