6 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty and There is a Line on the Right Side of my Nose

hi doctors:) im 6 weeks post op rhinoplasty i dont have any problems breathing or anything but there is a line on my left side near my nostril and when i look up i can tell that right side is different, im really scared i did talk to my surgen, but he ignored me and just touched it and didnt say anything he asked me to go back after 3 weeks, what are these lines? and why is it getting deeper everyday? and why is that i dont have it on my left side? i like my left side more

Line after rhinoplasty

+3

A line after rhinoplasty can be due to several things.   If there was a cartilage graft done you may be seeing the border of the graft.  It may just be due to soft tissue swelling.  If fracturing was done then you may be seeing the line of the fracture.  The reason your surgeon asked you to come back, I suspect, is to reevaluate in anticipation that this line will go away with time.

Tal Raine MD FACS

Lines after Rhinoplasty

+1

From what your are describing, these lines could be telltale signs of osteotomies, or the pathway created by the osteotome that makes the nasal bone fractures during a Rhinoplasty.  Hopefully these will become less prominent in the coming weeks.  Uneven lines may mean an incomplete nasal fracture but could be due to asymmetric swelling for the first month or so.  Wait until your next visit and discuss further at that time.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com