3 Weeks Post Rhino - Wider Nose then Before

I need some reassurance. Pre-op I had a bulbous tip, over projection, slight hump, deviated septum and enlarged turbinates. I had my nose deprojected, the tip refined, nasal bones broken, the septum straightened and the turbinates reduced. I was in theatre for 4.5-5 hrs. From the front my nose is much wider then before, esp the tip, piggy like. Will it narrow and drop? Should I have had my nostrils reduced surgeon said I was borderline and didn't do as I asked for a natural nose not a fake look?

Wait for swelling to go down after rhinoplasty

+2

Hi London,

After rhinoplasty, or any cosmetic surgery for that matter, waiting for the bruising or swelling to go down can be a painfully slow process.  However, it will improve!  The nose is especially slow to have edema resolve.  At this point after your surgery, making a determination about the final result is not possible.  There is significant swelling at this point after surgery.  Wait at least 6 months to get a better idea; however it usually takes 12-18 months for the final result.

Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty result

+2

It is too early to comment on the final result of the nose.  Swelling can persist for several months. You have to give it time to heal.

Nose Appears Wider Three Weeks Following Rhinoplasty

+2

Good Day London,

Still too soon after your rhinoplasty surgery to make any conclusions about your nose.  The tip always drops a little, and when a dorsal nasal hump is removed, the nose appears wider on frontal view.  Hope that you enjoy your new nose as time goes by.  Wait at least 6 to 12 months prior to considering any revision surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Postop Rhinoplasty

+2

You are very early in the recovery phase.  During this time there is a lot of swelling and adjusting that your nose will go thru.  I typically tell my patients that it will take about 6 months before you have a good idea of what the tip of the nose will look like, and 1 years before the final result.

So be patient at this point and enjoy your new nose.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php

Wide nose after rhinoplasty

+2
I would not look at your nose with any sort of critical eye for 3-6 months. That said, deprojecting the tip can lead to a wider appearance. This can easily be corrected with small excisions to the outer aspects of the nostrils.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Take time to let it heal

+2

I am sure if you were in the OR for 4 or more hours you have a significant amount of swelling which looks worse at the 2-3 week mark.  I tell my patients you will not see the final result for at least a year.  It is very difficult to make the nose wider without doing it intentionally.  Try to be patient and go back to speak to your plastic surgeon, if only for reassurance.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Nose still wide after

+2

It is very early after surgery and the nose is very swollen. Give it at least 6 months for the results to settle. You can always undergo a nostril reduction under local anesthesia at a later date if you still desire this.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/facial-surgery-chicago/nose-reshaping/