5 weeks post rhino op, will I require a revision? (photo)

I had noticed what seemed to be asymmetry during day one itself, but I thought it was probably uneven swelling. But now I am starting to think that it maybe due to asymmetrical work. The left is much more fuller and seems to be rotated higher than the right side, and the left and right sides look different. There also seems to be a polybeak visible more on the right side and the septum still seems deviated to the left. Do I require revision? (Plenty of photo views enclosed)

Crooked Nose Post Op Rhinoplasty

+2
From the frontal view, your nose does look slightly off to the left. This deviation is most likely related to a deviated septum. The nostril asymmetry may change over time. Consult your surgeon and be patient. Even if you may need a revision in the future, it shouldn't be performed until 6 - 12 months post operatively.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

5 weeks post rhino op, will I require a revision?

+1

It is too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

REVISION RHINOPLASTY?

+1
There is some asymmetry between the right and left sides.  A polybeak refers to excessive fullness above the tip area -- this is especially difficult to determine after 5 weeks because swelling and fullness in this area takes the longest to go down after a procedure.  My recommendation is to give it time.  I typically do not perform revision rhinoplasty surgery for at least 8-12 months from the initial surgery.  Good luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will I require a Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
At five weeks post surgery it is still to early to determine your results. In the photographs above i understand your concerns however time is still on your side. See your surgeon for a postoperative visit discuss all of the concerns mentioned above and he/she should best be able to tell you where you are in meeting your expectations. Keep in mind it takes several months for the majority of the swelling to dissipate and an entire year for all of it to completely dissipate with the tip being the last area. If you do consider revision make sure you wait an entire year to consider this. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Uneven

+1
Thank you for the photos but it is way to early to judge your final result. I would express your concerns to your surgeon and get his opinion but be patient. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon