3 Weeks Post Removal of Small Silicone Implant and my Chin Feels Tight (Had It for 18 Years)?

Now my stitches have gone and the intra-oral scar is tightening. I'm not sure yet if the capsule left behind is what feels tight, or whether it is the entry scar. Is it normal for the scar to feel tight for a while, and would the removal of the implant have helped with sensations I was feeling? The muscle seems fine; I have full use of my bottom lip.I was truly hoping that getting the implant removed would resolve this...

Tightness after chin implant removal will resolve with time

+1

Your sensation of tightness 3 weeks after surgery is normal. I would expect full resolution within 4-6 months.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon