I Am 3 Weeks Post Ptosis. Why Is My Lower Eye Lid is Getting Swollen Every Morning & then Dissapear? (photo)

every morning when i get up there is swelling of my lower eye lid with lots & lots of lacrimation during sleep [from 2 days continuously now ].. which automatically dissapears after sometime by itself . I am using genteal gel in the night time & genteal drops through the day . why is this happening ? & what should i do ?

Post Ptosis Follow Up

+1

Hi, Mahasweta,

Your swelling and excessive lacrimation are treatable symptoms of dry eye that may require more than the drops you are currently using.  If you haven't already, you should make an appointment with your surgeon to discuss these concerns.  Best wishes, Francesca Nesi-Eloff, MD, Oculoplastic Surgeon

Southfield Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1
It sounds like your eye is exposed at night from lack of closure of the eyelids. See your surgeon or Ophthalmologist to discuss this. You already are on treatment with the drops and ointment, but you might need more aggressive treatment.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post-Op Concerns

+1

Please set up an appointment with your surgeon for an examination and to address your concerns in the near future. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis repair

+1

Go see your surgeon. Can you close your eyes? Is your left eye open when you sleep? Is your lower eyelid in proper position and is the tear duct working?

These are some of the considerations you should discuss with your surgeon.

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon