Dark Red / Brownish Circles Around my Eyes 4 Weeks After Pro Fractional

At 4 weeks post pro factional laser treatment for under eye circles, I still have redish/brown patches around my eyes. I am getting so discouraged, they don't seem to be improving and my dr. doesn't seemed concerned. Should I be alarmed? Is there anything at all I can do to speed up the healing process.

Hyperpigmentation after Profractional Laser

+1

For proper healing after profractional treatment, a heavy moisturizer must be used for 4-5 days after treatment or however it takes for the crusting to stop.  Usually we have our patients use Aquaphor, applying it every 2 hours until the skin is healed. 

For the time of crusting and Aquaphor application we advise our patients to avoid any sun exposure as that can result in hyperpigmentation. 

After the crusting has stopped a strict regimen of sun screen application daily has to be followed for a number of weeks until the skin is completely healed.  If you continue using sun protection and sun avoidance you will decrease the amount of photodamage and possibly the number of rejuvenating procedures you may need in the future.

As far as your situation, a photo would be very helpful to figure out what is going on.  It could be irritation or post-inflammatory change.

You have to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen spf 50 or higher every single day.

Also if you are using any topicals like retinoids or alpha hydroxy acids, please stop using them for a couple of weeks to see if things are getting better.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon