7 Weeks Post Op, Swelling or Not, Considering Revision if Not Swelling? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 7 weeks ago, the goal was to make the nose more narrow, osteotomy were used. Now 7 weeks post up, the top is narrower, but not from half down on the nose. I got some pictures here, where i also squeeze the nose on some of them to show that there's a bit soft on both sides, but is this swelling and will the skin shrink? He recommend to do some massaging which i have without any result.

Wait 1 Year before Considering a Revision

+1

In general, it is best not to re-operatefor for one year after a failed rhinoplasty since the tissues are still inflamed and less likely to heal favorably. The reason for this is because re-operating on acutely inflamed tissue is far less precise and much less predictable. For the best results, most patients are advised to postpone revision surgery at least until the acute swelling and inflammation have resolved, which varies considerably from patient to patient.

Each case is different, the decision to re-operate should be made jointly between patient and surgeon after careful consideration of the risk factors and prospects for improvement. I have discouraged many patients from a hasty and impulsive attempt at a quick revision, only to eventually confirm that further surgery was unnecessary and the issue that the patient was concerned with had resolved on its own.

A knowledgeable and experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon can usually determine the appropriate time for a successful revision rhinoplasty.

Best of Luck, Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op nasal appearance

+1

You need to wait at least a year before any nasal revision to obtain the best results.  Edema can persist that long.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinopalsty and swelling

+1

Swelling can persist for up to a year and sometimes longer for osme patients. Be patient it should get better.

Swelling after nose-job

+1

I always suggest waiting at least a year after rhinoplasty so the swelling to decrease. Doing an early revision is dangerous and should only be reserved for absolute emergencies.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Considering Revision 7 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

7 weeks after a rhinoplasty, the best treatment is patience. Even without examining you or seeing pictures I guarantee that swelling is present.  Your nose will change significantly as you go through the healing process. Wait another 9-12 months before considering a revision.