3 Weeks Post-Op, Left Breast High and Stiff? (photo)

I had 275 cc Mentor Memory Gels placed under the muscle three weeks ago. My right breast has dropped significantly, but my left breast is in the same position it was when I came home from surgery. The nurse at my surgeon's office told me to start displacement exercises, but when I told her I was concerned, she said they are pretty even. I'm scared because it doesn't seem that way to me at all. Might there be something wrong? (I had no previous noticeable asymmetry before BA).

Left breast high, 3 weeks post op.

+1
Thank you for the photos. You are way too early to make any statements about the final result. They usually start to descend at about three weeks. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Best that you communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, etc;.  Our office likes message.  You may also have an element of spasm in the pertoralis major muscle.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to evaluate this and guid you through the process.

Assymetry

+1

You are only 3 weeks and I think putting pressure on the top of your breasts to bring them down would help alot.There are velcro breast straps.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks Post-Op, Left Breast High and Stiff?

+1

The very  out of focus frontal photo is demonstrating a "higher" riding implant under the chest muscle. This can be a common result of sub-muscular placement and if you are right handed. BUT I can not rule out a seroma/hematoma so BEST to be seen weekly by your operative surgeon to be examined and size/position changes documented. 

Hello

+1

It is normal to have one implant to drop into place faster then the other. In our practice we give our patients a breast band to help the implants drop. 3 weeks post-surgery you are still very early in your recovery. It takes 6=9 months for swelling to subside and muscle and skin to relax. You should talk to you PS and see if he can offer you a Breast band.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

3 Weeks Post-Op, Left Breast High and Stiff

+1

it is quite common for subpectoral implants to look too high postoperative period, and 3 weeks is early. It is somewhat more time in for the right side to be high riding and a right-handed person.

Do your displacement exercises as instructed and had some patience. by 3 months there is no improvement then you will have cause for concern.

Thank you for your question and for the attached photograph. Best wishes

#BreastImplant Asymmetry

+1

All implants will progress at different rates. Thus, it is very common for there to be small findings early on. Be patient with your progress as much of this will continue to improve and can be related to preexisting asymmetry. Stay in contact with your surgeon to ensure continued progress.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Implant Settling Process

+1

Hello. At only three weeks it is very difficult to determine your final results. The breasts will continue to drop for 6-9 months. During this time the breasts will change significantly. After that time you can consider revision surgery if you are still unhappy, but in the meantime do not worry. As always, consult your surgeon if you have any concerns.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD