Will my Nose Shape Change?

I Am 5 Weeks Post Open Rhinoplasty- My PS Performed an Osteotomy, Reduced Nostril Flaring, and Raised my Tip. By the way I m a 25 yr old hispanic pt.... I m a lil concerned because my nose looks rather big, shapeless in pics.in the mirror I see it smaller..When i see my nose in pics i get so depressed :/ am I worrying for nothing? I will be graduating December 2011 and I want to look good in my pictures.

Nasal Appearance 5 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling 5 weeks after rhinoplasty is normal but will provoke significant anxiety. Your nose will improve dramatically over the next several months. Take intermittant pictures to reassure yourself and follow your progress.

How long to wait to evaluate results and swelling to resolve after nose job (rhinoplasty)

+1

We generally advise waiting a minimum of 6 months to assess the results of a rhinoplasty especially in a thicker skinned individual which can mask the subtle changes with prolonged swelling.

Post -op changes after rhinoplasty

+1

It is quite normal to be very swollen at five weeks post rhinoplasty.  This should get better over the next six months to a year.

How long rhinoplasty swelling would last

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty patient from Texas,
What you are experiencing is normal post rhinoplasty anxiety. Swelling after a rhinoplasty can last for up to a year. One month after rhinoplasty, you should see clear improvements. Long-term results can take a year or more to appreciate due to swelling. This is the hardest part for the patient, because it takes patience. Give it time and follow up closely with your surgeon.

Kevin Sadati, DO