6 Weeks Post Op, Cannot Wear Any Type of Bra and They Don't Go Down?

Hi, I'm 23, 6 weeks post op breast augmentation 375 cc silicone high profile under muscle double plan. My right one is hurting more than my left one and I can tell by the nipple that he is higher than the other. I feel my real boobs down and only the implant high..when I touch it. I know that it's supposed to go down approximatly gehind the nipple, in the center.. but I can't wear any bra because the shape doesn't fit... What should I do? Thanks

Breast Surgery

+1
It is extremely hard to make accurate diagnosis as well as giving crucial decision making clinical decision without an in person physical examination along with a length discussion, please see your local board certified plastic surgeon in your area. If you dont have a surgeon you can look at the american society of aesthetic plastic surgery website and search by zip code or postal code. I wish you the best success!

Breast Implants too high

+1

It sounds like your breast implants have not dropped.  Make an appointment to discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon.  You are still in the healing phase, and he may want to put you in a breast band to help with this. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast implants not settling

+1

I tell my patients that I don't look for my final results for three months following surgery for breast augmentation.  It just takes awhile for the chest muscle to stretch and relax when the muscle is placed under it.  Some patients may look great the day after surgery but others may take the full three months to settle.  If the implants are still sitting high after this time then it might be that scar tissue has developed or a portion of the chest muscle may still be intact and preventing the implant from dropping.  If this is the case then it may require a second trip to the operating room to remove the obstruction and allow the implant(s) to drop.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Without in person examination, it is not possible to give you specific advice. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to do so.  For example, he/she may be able to rule out complications that lead to breast asymmetry.

It may be that massage of the higher breast implant may be helpful in getting the implant to settle. At this point, I usually advise patients to find an inexpensive, soft sports bra that fits as well as possible ( given the breast asymmetry present).