3 Weeks Post Op, Right Breast Looks Flat?

Well my left breast seems to be settling normally but my right does not seem quite right. I am 500cc submuscular, silicon impants put in on feb 5th. The right seems flat on the side, and not the type of "flat" my doc showed me pictures of. Its ok if it is still settling but it seems like it is more in my armpit than the other one and when i rub down the side it feel like there is a spot where the implant hasnt fully filled out. Can the implant fold? or i am being hasty? Need some peace of mind!

Flat breast 3 weeks after augmentation should improve

+1

Thank you for your question. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. However at 3 weeks it is far too early to be worried about the position and shape of your breast implants. Ask your Dr. if the breast implant displacement exercises will help move the flat implant down and improve the shape.

Post Operative Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the question. What you are describing is not at all unusual. You are in the early stages of healing. Over the next 3 months or longer the swelling will start to abate and the breast tissue will relax and accommodate allowing the implants to settle into their desired position. This may occur at differing rates so that the implants may not necessarily drop at the same time in both breasts.

At this point I would urge that you be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon as this will most likely resolve on its' own. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

3 weeks after breast implants

+1

At three weeks after breast implants surgery the implants should be settling into the pockets.  This may take a few months so be patient.

Too soon

+1

Hello. Three weeks is not near enough time for the implants to settle and they are also swollen. Your implants will not settle for about three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

+1

Many women at 3 weeks post-op are nervous about asymmetry but I think you should always wait a full 3 months to decide if there really is something different on one side or another.  It takes every day of 1 month for the implants to settle into their pocket and the sides don't know about each other so they settle at different times.  It really takes 3 months for the breasts to get rid of all the little bit of swelling left so that they will be soft like natural breasts.  Hang in there while things change.  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgery

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Imposible to tell without photos or exam, but if you are concerned you should call your surgeon to be seen.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks Post Op

+1

It's hard to answer this without photos so you should contact your PS.  However, in general, some degree of asymmetry is not unheard of at this stage, and it may well settle down on its own.  But you should also review your preoperative photos to make sure that (in general) some of what you're seeing post-op wasn't already there pre-op.  In your case, though, you'll need to speak to your PS.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

+1

It is not really possible to offer useful advice without photos, other than to say that it is too early to expect both sides to look the same. If there is some asymmetry that needs to be addressed (by massage or pectoral strap), this is the time to work on it, so a call to your surgeon seems appropriate.