7 Weeks Post-Op Tummy Tuck and my Stomach Looks Saggy. Why?

I am still swollen. But when I suck in my stomach it wrinkled and when I sit down it's wrinkled too. If I stand up it's flat. And I really don't like that. My doctor says that it's because I'm still swolllen but I disagree because the less swollen I get the smaller my stomach will become which will make my stomach more saggy. Right? Is it because he fail to not cut off enough skin or what? It's depressing, what's the point of a tt if your stomach is still going to be saggy?

Results post-tummy tuck

+2

Without photos, it is difficult to assess your issue. It is normal for you to have some swelling 7 weeks post-op surgery. It may take at least 4-6 months for the swelling to subside. The skin may also “bounce back” over the course of one year. The amount of skin removed may have been based on the quality of your skin. Remember, safety is a major concern for any board certified plastic surgeon.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Tummy tuck expectations

+2

Without photos, it is hard to say but all your doctor can do is to make you flat when you are standing up straight.  What happends when you crunch up sitting down is all about the nature of your skin.  Yours must be less than great.  No blame for the doctor is warranted here, there is only so much skin you can remove.  Some folks, especially after pregnancy or weight loss can't be as tight as they might have wanted.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS