I Am 6 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck Procedure. Four Nights Ago I Took a Deep Breathe, Felt Like Something Ripped Inside?

Since then a portion of my scar has hurt so bad feeling like I was burning inside or stinging especially when I try to stand up straight or walk. The part of my scar that is hurting is extremely tender to the touch. I went back to my doctors office and they said everything looked okay but gave me an antibiotic just in case I was getting an infection. I cant handle the pain and want some relief. Please tell me what I could do to help or what I could have possibly done to my incision. Thank you.

I Took a Deep Breathe, Felt Like Something Ripped Inside?

+2

Without an exam I would hesitate to even guess, but even with an exam it is likely that no cause will be identified. With the discomfort you describe, I think it best to be seen again by your surgeon. 

All the best. 

Pain post tummy

+1

This is probably soem scar tissue internally that ripped or tore.If you are 6 weeks I would not be too worried.Maybe soem heatand massage would help,

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I felt a rip 6 weeks after my tummy tuck

+1

It is uncommon to feel a ripping sensation this far out.    It is commonly caused by stretching or tearing on the muscle repair.   This can result when the binder is not on or worn too lose.  At 6 weeks, i would not have you in the binder at this time.

I typically discontinue the binder at 6 weeks and have my patients use it as a crutch when they are doing physical activity only.    Many surgeons place at least 2 rows of muscle sutures such that the result is not sacrificed if one suture pops.    It will take time for this to heal, as it is very similar to a muscle tear or strain.    

I would recommend wearing your binder tightly, limiting core abdominal activity, no lifting greater than 10 pounds, and consulting with your plastic surgeon about use of nsaids.  

I wish you a safe recovery.

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

Six weeks from your tummy tuck should be fairly stable as the tissue healing should have 96% full strength at six weeks.

I would still call your surgeon and have a personal examination to ensure that this is nothing that needs attention sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Sharp pain after an abdominoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that you did any permanent damage.  These types of nerve pain are not unusual especially if you make a sudden movement. 

Muscle Pain

+1

You might have strained the muscle or the muscle or muscle repair. In addition to this there may be some nerve irritation that is giving you the pain and burning sensation. Please keep frequent contact with your plastic surgeon. And hopefully time will resolve this issue.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Incsion pain

+1

good afternoon!

sorry to hear of your mishap after your tummy tuck.  Things like this can be due simply to stretching of your tissues after your procedure, but it can also be a stitch that has come loose.  Most of the time this is of little consequence since there should be many many other sutures hat are there to hold things together in case something like this occurs.

The best thing to do is do let your surgeon evaluate you again to be sure nothing is amiss- best of luck and let us know how things go.

Robert Steely, MD