4 Weeks Post Op from Tummy Tuck and Lipo on Hips. Now I Am Getting a Muffin Top.

I am 4 weeks post op. I had a full tummy tuck and lipo on my hips. I was very flat till 2 weeks ago and now I have a muffin top. How can this be? I still have one drain in and fighting an infection on my hips from the lipo. My dr says my stomach is just swollen but it feels like fat.

1 month after tummy tuck

+1

HI,

It is too soon to judge your result, especially if you still have  a drain in and are fighting an infection. What  you see is not what you get for at least 3-4 months after tummy tuck and liposuction. Be patient and make sure to share your concerns with your surgeon.

All my best,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Tummy talk recovery

+1

What you are experiencing may very well be within the expected recovery after the operation that was performed. You will find that the appearance of your abdomen and hips will fluctuate because of the different factors (tummy tuck swelling, liposuction  swelling, and any infection)  involved.

It certainly behooves you to follow closely with your surgeon communicating questions and concerns. I would wait approximately one year before making a final judgment whether revisionary surgery is indicated.

+1

Need to post photos if you desire an answer to help you. Very hard to respond to your concerns in this setting. 

Muffin top post abdominoplasty

+1

hard to say without an examination, but the tummy tuck part in the front, has skin removed so looks tighter quicker than the liposuctioned area on the hips. If you have an infection present and a drain in place, swelling does not come down until those are under control. staying in close contact with your doctor is recommended.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon