9 Weeks Post-Op Tummy Tuck with Lipo. I Have 2 Hard Lumps Under my Belly Button. PS Said It's Fat Necrosis. Will Massages Help?

Tummy Tuck Lumps

+2

Massaging can help to resolve some of the hardness noted in the soft tissues underneath the skin after a tummy tuck. Time tends to favor this dissipating. 

Small lumps after abdominoplasty are self-limited but may take several months to go away.

+2

There are several potential reasons you may have small palpable lumps under the skin after an abdominoplasty. The should go away completely with time. Massage will not hasten that.

+2

The fatty necrosis or scar tissue that may feel like a lump under the skin will gradually disappear with time and gentle massaging.

B. Kalantarian, MD

Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck

+2

It;s difficult to say exactly what it is without actually examining a patient but fat necrosis or other areas of lumpiness and scar tissue can certainly be present at only 9 weeks. Most of this, even fat necrosis if it is small, will soften and go away with time and gentle massage. If the fat necrosis is large it can persist for quite some time. See your plastic surgeon and ask specifically what you can do in your instance. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon