4 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck. Hard to the Touch?

I am 4 wks post-op tummy tuck & had the tape removed from the incsion site & this area was under it. It was draining a small of watery blood drainage now none. It is harder to the touch then any other area of the incsion. The doc says just keep it covered & return in 3 wks . Is this a approp plan of care for this?

Wound Healing After Tummy Tuck

+1

In general, an abdominoplasty takes 3-4 weeks to maximize wound healing. The scar on the abdominal area can be hard and indurated for about 6-8 weeks post operatively as this is normal wound healing. Furthermore, if there may have been tightening of the diastasis rectus muscle (which should resolve in several months) it may be harder and firmer.

4 Weeks Post Op Tummy Tuck. Hard to the Touch

+1

It's hard to give advice without a little more info, like the size of the affected area. A photo would help.

Assuming that this area is small and without signs of infection, the suggestion sounds reasonable. I some settings we might suggest warm compresses, but after a tummy tuck patients have numbness and can get 3rd degree burns from the heat.

If the wound area seems to be getting worse, call your surgeon back and don't wait the three weeks. 

Thanks for the question, and best wishes.