2 Weeks Post-op Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift / Aug and Lipo. When Will I See Results?

I Am 2 Weeks Post Op from TT,breast Lift,implants and Lipo. How Long Will It Take Before I Notice any results? He took off 9 pounds from tummy tuck and lipo. But I weigh 3 pounds more now than I did when I went in for surgery. He also said I should lose more because of lose of appetite. I am still wearing the same clothes. When will I lose tne weight ? Also my breast seem smaller will they look bigger after they have dropped?what can I do to speed up the process or help it?And how long do I wear the garment? I am a stay at home and have time to do whatever it takes to help get the bes

Recovery Requires Time and Patience

+2

It will be months before you see your final results.  You are swollen right now and it is typical to weigh more now than you did before surgery in spite of the 9 pounds that were removed during surgery. Your clothing may even be tight for a few weeks.  You have to be patient.  I tell my patients that waiting for the results can be the hardest part of the recovery.  Start getting back into your normal routine and don't dwell on examining your body.  The time will pass quicker.  After my abdominoplasty it was 6 months before all the swelling was gone and over a year before my scars had faded.  It took more than two years for my sensation to return completely.

Post-op Tummy Tuck, Lift / Aug and Lipo. When Will I See Results?

+1

Although you surgery may be over your body has allot of work to do in repairing itself and conforming to your new shape. Allow up to a year before you judge the final result. What you have described is very normal, you will continue to see improvement, I would not be concerned.

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Results after Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+1

It will take several months and even up to a year to see the final results of  multiple procedures performed. It will require a significant amount of patience on your part as you go through the ups and downs ( physical and psychological)  of the recovery period.

I would suggest that you not be concerned about the fact the same clothing or even check your weight.

Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon for reassurance and guidance.

Best wishes.

Recovery Time

+1

Your surgery was performed only two weeks ago. It will take several months for your breasts to  settle and swelling and edema from the tummy tuck to resolve. I am not surprised that you a little heavier now but give it two months and you should lose some weight.  Compression garments may be worn for around a month and sometimes longer. Waiting is hard so please be patient.

Richard Linderman, MD

It takes a little bit more time

+1

Two weeks after these surgeries it is normal to be swollen and weigh the same or even more.  You should notice that your shape is remarkably different but you will not see your final result for about 2 months.  After 3-4 weeks, most of the swelling is gone and at that point, you may need to find smaller clothes.  A small amount of swelling will stay for about 4-6 months.  Your breasts are also swollen so they may get smaller when the swelling goes down. The shape will be a little funny at this point from the lift and augmentation - it will take about 1 month to look really good and about 3 months to look great!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

2 Weeks Post-op Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift / Aug and Lipo. When Will I See Results

+1

2 weeks after surgery is still quite early.  You weigh more because your body is retaining fluids to heal the trauma of surgery.  Usually by 4-6 wks, you should start to see a noticible difference, sometimes much sooner.  Your breasts will start to settle and as the swelling from the rest of you body goes down, the breast implants should start to appear more obvious.  If this is not the case, then I agree with what one of the other surgeons commented, and that you may not have been close to your ideal body weight when you had the surgery, and you may be expecting more results than what you will get.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tucks and Mastopexies Take Time to Heal

+1

In general it takes three months before most of the swelling resolves from a tummy tuck and in our experience they often look their best a year or two after surgery especially when combined with diet and exercise.  Mastopexy or breast lifts with implants take at least 6 months to develop their shape in our experience.  We have found that the more tissue removed the longer the swelling lasts as the body has to adjust for more change.  It is not uncommon to weight more following surgery as the body is healing.  We suggest not looking at the results until 2 months as even then most people have a lot of swelling that takes time to heal.  One can always get another opinion from a plastic surgeon and discuss the results however in general 2 weeks is a time of great swelling for many patients.  Mommy makeovers results can be quiet amazing, however healing does take some patience.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recovery takes time and patience

+1

Results after cosmetic surgery seem so immediate. Breast augmentation, nasal shaping, facial rejuvenation, all look well in a weeks time. Tummy tuck however, especially with muscle tightening can take much longer. Being out and about after a week, and back to work after two are important milestones. The healing will go on for weeks yet to come. Your weight loss will be gradual as the swelling resolves, and compression will help greatly during the first four weeks. Count calories as your activity level is lower, and patience will pay off.

peterejohnsonmd

Wow

+1

9 pounds is a large amount, I am surprised you don't see any change.

The weight gain is due to swelling and should start to come off in the next several days or so.  Implants start to drop between 3 and 4 weeks after surgery when placed under the muscle.  The lift will make them look a bit smaller due to the tissue compression from stretched skin removal, along with the fact that they are not low any more. You can't rush things, and your doctor will advise you on the binder.

I will advise you to be patient.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Results after mommy makeover (tummy, lipo breast lift and augmentation): measuring success in pounds

+1

Certainly after 9 pounds of removed tissue, you should notice some difference. IF not, this tells me you were not close to your ideal body weight and or your expections may need to be altered. IT will take at least 9 months to see the final results and your current weight is not a good measure of the success of the procedure.