I'm 6 Weeks Post Op TT & Worried About my Swollen Hips & Butt. How Long Will Swelling Last?

I'm 6 weeks post op and loving my belly. But worried about my hips and but that seem to still be swollen. I'm 5'3" and my weight is the same, 138 lbs. I was 128lbs last year and really would like to loose 10 lbs. but I don't know how long the swelling will last or if I'll drop weight now that I'm doing cardio( lite) again. Is it possible to lose weight in the hip and butt area and will I be able to tone up those areas that weren't a problem before the TT?

Swelling after tummy tuck

+2

I consistently see that it takes at least 3 months before the majority of the swelling is gone after abdominoplasty surgery. And there is still some slight improvement up until 6 months post op. If the belly button is still a bit swollen, there is still quite a bit of other swelling that will still improve with just time. I allow my patients to be at full activity at the 6 week mark, so I think that it is great that you are getting back to exercising. If your problem areas now were not issues before the abdominoplasty, there is no reason that they still will be once the swelling resolves. You will likely look great between 3-6 months after surgery if you keep up with your healthy lifestyle. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon