8 Weeks Post-op from a Tummy Tuck - How Will Weight Gain / Loss Affect Results?

I had a TT 8 weeks ago and have recently gained 8 pound, I know this may be normal with water retention,and since I am able to return back to my training, I weighed at 125 pre-op,and my goal is to lose 15 pound, to be at 118 to be able to compete again. would that much weight loss have an effect on my TT? Thank you for your help.

A little weight gain normal

+4

After a tummy tuck, it is very common to have transient weight gain. This should start to go away soon.  This is mostly due to soft tissue swelling and fluid retention. A small amount of weight loss after a tummy tuck does not have a major impact on the skin tightening and in fact may help the result.

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+3

You may have water retention, but be sure to eat a low calorie density food variety.  Solid protein intake, 60-75 grams a day, 50% of your calories from complex carbs, 30-35% of your calories from high quality fat like almonds, walnuts, avocado, sunflower seeds.  We usually have patients lose weight during the recovery period, but there are exceptions.  Avoid cheese, fast food fat, and other food sources of high fat, low protein content.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Weight gain after tummy tuck

+2

Any change in your weight because of normal post-operative water retention etc. is likely to be temporary. On the other hand if you have a genuine change in weight because of increase/decrease of fat in your body, particularly the tummy, naturally it will alter the appearance of the tummy.

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Weight change after tummy tuck

+2

Excessive gain or loss can affect any result.  But small changes should not affect it that much.  You may still have some edema in the area and this may take up to 6 months to totally resolve.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tummytuck

+2

In general, a 10% or less of weight loss is not a problem. I would believe without seeing you that your description would indicate losing weight a benefit to you. The combination of a active person, weight loss, and surgery usually gives excellent results.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Weight loss after an abdominoplasty

+1

On some individuals 15 pounds could make a difference and on others it will make no difference. It all depends upon your existing skin elasticity. Fortunately the fist 10 pounds is usually intra-abdominal or visceral fat and should help to make your abdomen even flatter.