I Am 4 Weeks Post Op TT, Will I Still Continue To Get Smaller? (photo)

I Am 4 Weeks Post Op TT and Im Wondering if This is It.Will I Be Smaller,is my Hips Still Goin to be smaller.I was a bigger girl,190 5 8 going in to sugery.I ask the PS but i dont get a straight anwser.I had a full tummy tuck with no lipo.I ASKED HIM IF HE was going to do lipo and he said he would if i needed it.he said it wasnt needed.My ? is how much smaller is well i get to.how much is swelling.Im just hoping i would have better resaults then this THANKS DEB

Tummy Tuck Result?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

For this early in your recovery process,  I think you're doing very well.  I also think that you should expect to “get smaller” in the coming months. Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  for complete skin redraping  to occur.

I would suggest that you continue to watch your diet and increase your activity level  under the guidance of your plastic surgeon.  Don't be surprised if you are very pleased with the results of surgery and your “maintenance efforts” one year after the tummy tuck procedure.

Early results from tummy tuck adequate

+1

You seem to have a very reasonable result for early after surgery.

Liposuction cannot be expected to make you into a smaller person person overall, and certainly does increase the risk of your procedure.

Weight loss and exercise will be veryy helpful if you want to take your figure to the next level.

You can expect some of the swelling to go down, but not to be a completely different person.

Brent Moelleken, MD

You will get some improvement but not a drastic change

+1

You have a good result post tummy tuck and will continue to improve. You may need some liposuction down the road. The optimal situation would be that you start to lose weight by changing your diet and exercise to improve the tummy tuck result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Great result for 190 pounds

+1

Your weight was too high for a phenomenal result but what you have is great especially for the early time period. You could not have expected more than that.  Keep your weight under control, try to lose some even and you might not need anything else.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1

Thanks for the posted photos, your result are acceptable for this stage of recovery. If you expected more than that is an issue of realistic expectations that should be addressed with your chosen surgeon. 

4 weeks after tummy tuck; want hips to be smaller too!

+1

Your tummy tuck appears to be doing well from your post-operative photographs (thanks for including), and of course you still have swelling that will continue to resolve over the next several months--IF you continue to avoid weight gain as you feel better and resume your normal routines. Liposuction of the same tissues involved in tummy tuck can be damaging to the blood supply, and can cause dead skin and major wound healing problems. By the wording of your question it appears as if you were hoping for more improvement in your hip areas. Your tummy tuck incision is really consistent with an extended abdominoplasty, and you don't appear as if you have any dog ears, so this is really a very nice result, expecially if you got an extended tummy tuck for tummy tuck prices!

When did you ask your surgeon about lipo? During your consultation? Or, was it just as markings were being done in the pre-operative holding area? If the former, you would have received a cost quote for that portion of the procedure, and could have decided to go ahead with tummy tuck plus lipo (at the combined cost and time required), or tummy tuck alone. If you asked about lipo being added at the time of surgical marking, you had already received a surgical cost quote for tummy tuck, and paid for tummy tuck without lipo, so it was really an unfair question of your doctor when "on the spot." The proper answer may well have been "You paid for a tummy tuck without liposuction, so no lipo will be done."

In other words, you can't really expect your mechanic to put on 4 new tires for one cost, and then as you drop off your car ask if he will be doing a tune-up at the same time. Unless, of course, you are willing to pay the additional cost and take the additional time to have that "extra" work done. Asking your surgeon to do his best work on a tummy tuck and then "throw in a bit of extra lipo at the same time" is neither appropriate not fair to your surgeon. Especially for "free."

If you now wish for liposuction to yield improved results, you should first do your best to maintain a healthy diet as you heal, not gain any additional weight, let all swelling resolve and scar tissue soften and settle (6-12 months), and then return to your plastic surgeon for discussion about additional improvements. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon